Welcome to the Career Center!
We are so glad you have taken the time to see what working for Axis is all about. Axis Satellite & Home Theater has been one of the Southeast’s premier providers of satellite television systems since 2003. The company’s corporate headquarters are located in Fort Myers, Florida. Collectively, we have over 25 years of experience in the satellite television business.
Axis Satellite and Home Theater is a Florida-licensed, low-voltage contractor and audio/video integration expert, specializing in DirecTV and Dish Network programming. Our company has the experience and training to complete everything from pre-construction layouts and site surveys, to installing TVs, speakers and automated home systems. We provide ongoing service for our customers in all four verticals, including: Residential, Commercial, L&I, and MDU.
As an authorized retailer for DIRECTV and Dish Network, we are one of the few local retailers with a storefront that you can visit. We have a simple philosophy, KEEP IT LOCAL! Businesses and homeowners that choose to pick up the phone and order their service from a local retailer help infuse the local economy. We continue to grow and expand across the country with commercial jobs. Our more experienced technicians spend a good amount of time traveling.
- Demonstrate Accountability – be accountable for your actions and work in a way that is proactive and self-motivating.
- Customer Focused – take care of every customer to the best of your ability and within reasonable means.
- Speedy & Sociable – complete tasks on time while effectively communicating and engaging with customers and team members.
- Flexible – be ready to change tasks, direction, and scheduling as the needs of the business and customers change.
- Clean & Healthy Practices – stay compliant with dress code and the highest level of hygiene to represent your best self in your appearance as well as your performance.
CURRENT JOBS AVAILABLE:
Axis Satellite is seeking an experienced Account Manager with a proven success record to join their team immediately. They are looking for B2B Sales individuals with one or more years’ outside or inside sales experience. Candidates must be articulate, professional, and skilled at presenting at the executive level. The Account Manager is responsible to make outbound sales to prospective customers and provide information about products and services.
Axis is a low voltage contractor specializing in DirecTV, Automation, Video, and audio distribution and technology. Responsibilities will include: gathering leads/prospecting, following up, presenting products/services, and closing new business. Additionally, skills needed include being detail-oriented, organized, and computer proficient. The ideal candidate will be client-centric and MUST be a CLOSER!
- Ability to make consistent cold/warm calls
- Ability to turn over solid leads and work with our team, including proposals, and takeoff
- Ability to speak clearly & intelligent
- Valid Drivers Licence
- Set appointment and complete site surveys
- Resolve customer inquires and communicates with customers
- 1 week paid vacation
- Pay holidays
- Salary plus commissions
A Florida Low Voltage Contractor and DIRECTV Retailer
Fort Myers/Fort Lauderdale FL USA
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant/Marketing Coordinator to join our team! You will be responsible for gathering and analyzing key market information, helping in day to day business opportunities, assist with contracts, insurance and bid processes, and will report to the VP.
- Report and help with administrative tasks for the VP
- Contact current customer database to build brand awareness and build business development
- Support Executive team with special projects
- Plan, Manage and Attend Marketing Events
review and assist on contracts, day to day business and special projects
- Assist in the overall team goal set forth by president and assist VP
- Send Email Blasts to current and potential customers via Constant Contact
- Post daily updates to social media platforms
Translate complex data into simple graphs and text
- Compile and present data for other departments
- Previous experience in marketing preferred
- Excellent written communication skills
- Customer Service Experience
- Administrative Assistant experience
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work well in teams
- Vacation, paid holidays and personal days
- Salary. $40k to start with bonus plan
a Florida Low Voltage contractor and DirecTV Retailer
Fort Myers/Fort Lauderdale FL USA
Seeks Directv and SBCA certified technicians
Perform assembly and installation of equipment, materials and systems as directed and specified in project documentation. May include, but not be limited to: rack assembly; audio, video and control terminations; speaker, video projector, flat panel and projection screen mounting; audio, video and control systems testing; system tuning/configuration. Installation and troubleshooting of DIRECTV satellite systems in residential and commercial settings.
Responsible for reading and understanding assigned AV system drawings and project documentation
Conduct in-house and onsite program troubleshooting
Report directly to Project Managers and Team Leaders, providing daily updates on project status
- Working knowledge of commercial AV integration
- Understanding of control and video distribution, structured cabling, equipment rack fabrication and terminations, including soldering, CAT5/6 and other common AV connectors
- Experience working with URC, Savant and ProControl control systems
- Experience working with DIRECTV or Dish Network
- Must be a team player, have a professional demeanor with strong verbal communication skills
- Must have a desire to take ownership and responsibility for quality workmanship
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED (Technical Diploma, B.A. or A.A. a plus)
- Must have a clean, valid Driver’s License
- Be willing to work overtime evenings and weekends from time to time as necessary
- Ability to lift moderately heavy equipment, stand for extended periods of time, climb ladders, crawl under tables and have full hand dexterity to meet the physical demands of the position
- Basic networking skills
- 401 K
- Use of company fleet during work hours
- Paid Time Off (Holidays, Vacations, Sick and Personal Days)
- Pay based on experience
- $15 to start
Low Voltage Cable Technician
Axis Satellite LLC, A Florida Low Voltage Contractor and DIRECTV Retailer
Fort Myers/ Fort Lauderdale, FL USA
We seek cable technicians with experience who want a career with growth.
Technician. In this role you will be responsible Installing and servicing of URC, ELAN, Savant Audio Video systems, Smart Home Automation and Internet Network Integration.
- Pre-wire residential and commercial buildings under construction for future A/V and home automation projects.
- Install flat panel TVs, audio systems, speaker, entry systems, motorized shades, home theater components, lighting, climate control, security cameras and computer networks.
- Program whole home automation systems including lights, shades, and HVAC control systems, video distribution systems, distributed home audio, security camera systems
A qualified Installation Tech should possess the following:
- Advanced knowledge in audio/video equipment preferred.
- Programming knowledge of control systems such as URC, Elan, Savant.
Network setup and administration.
- Basic construction knowledge.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to provide superior customer service.
- Proficiency with computers both PC’s and Mac’s.
- A driven and motivated personality.
- The ability to perform at a high level and achieve established goals.
- Conduct yourself in a professional and courteous manner.
- Have a professional look.
- Ambitious, self motivated, and the ability to learn quickly.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Clean driving record and criminal history.
- Must be able to work at heights, off ladders and lifts, in confined spaces and lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to work without direct supervision, and in a team environment
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Willing to travel
- 1 week paid vacation and
- holiday pay
- Hourly depending on skill set
Low Voltage Bid Estimator
- The estimator will seek out qualified bid opportunities, developing cost estimates for the installation of structured cabling, access control, audio and video distribution CCTV surveillance, and automation.
- Estimations will include all the necessary materials, labor, and engineering costs required to deliver a profitable job that meets or exceeds customer requirements.
- Job requires coordination with our sales team and to project management transition activities.
- Develop a targeted approach for local bid opportunities, focusing on the opportunities that offer the best chance of success.
- Actively seek out targeted bid opportunities, this role requires pro-active and autonomous seeking out of qualified bid opportunities
- Respond to bid specifications, writing scope of work, developing cost estimates, predicting the duration of the project, and including contingencies. Estimate the amount and type of material required to deliver the bid specification.
- Assist the sales organization by attending site-walk and pre-bid meetings, documenting site conditions for use in the development of accurate cost estimates.
- Ensure timely completion of and meets bid schedules and deadlines.
- Act as liaison between and meet with sales, project management and operations to effectively transition bid into project and streamline communications with our installation team
- Read and understand blueprints.Establish and maintain working relationships with vendors and out team and possible subcontractors.
- Obtain knowledge on other technologies, as directed by customer demand.
- Contribute to product selection res Bachelor’s Degree is preferred • RCDD is highly preferred • Minimum of (5) years of experience estimating large scale new commercial construction projects, structured cabling, access control, and Surveillance systems, video and audio distribution and automation
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Etc.)Must be proficient in the use of takeoff software for all takeoffs of digital drawings.
- Must have the proven ability to design, engineer, estimate and develop a written and geographical representation of the proposed solution utilizing the software resources provided .
- Able to multi-task and meet strict deadlines, Self-starter mentality, requires hunting of new opportunities to bid / estimate.
- Proficient with reading and understanding blueprints of building floor plans and construction designs,. Demonstrated and effective communication, interpersonal skills, and attention to detail. Strong ability to work in teams and foster confidence. Will work directly with and report to VP.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and move 25 and climb / work off ladders up to 20 feet.
- Occasional travel may be required, a owned audio-visual system integrator with over 18 years of experience designing, installing and supporting customers throughout the Southeast and United States.
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- 1 week vacation to start
- Salary and Commissions
- (Start rate upon Interviews)